Since 1988 Arts Etobicoke has offered high-school aged youth the opportunity to showcase their artwork alongside their peers in a professional exhibition setting. Each year, the show features artwork from hundreds of students and dozens of schools. In addition to exhibiting in a professional space, EDGE: Youth Art Show gives youth the opportunity to meet their peers, get feedback from professional artists, and network in the arts community.
**Scroll down to submit artworks to EDGE: Youth Art Show 2021**
This year’s online exhibition features a fun, interactive gallery where students will be able to act as curators and create their own exhibitions. It’s an exciting and engaging way to learn about curation and art. We are thrilled to have your student’s work presented in this exciting digital format! This is also a project that could be assigned in class, or done together virtually; having students curate their own exhibition as part of their classwork. Check out our 2020 Spring Juried Art Show, Shifting Environs to get an idea!
In addition to the interactive, online gallery we will be hosting a variety of online engagements including workshops, artist talks, and a number of professional development opportunities. Check back here for more updates.
March 8 – Experiential Design & Spatial Storytelling with Sheridan College
March 9 – How to Prepare your Portfolio with OCAD University
March 10 – Photographing 2D Artwork with Lisa Murzin
March 11 – Instagram for Artists with Natalie Very B.
- We will be accepting up to 15 images of artwork from each school.
- Artworks can be paintings, drawings, photographs, digital artwork, and sculpture, but unfortunately no videos or movie files.
- Accepted file formats: JPG or PNG.
- Images should be between 1-10 MB (maximum)
- Avoid shrinking down images to maintain quality
- Please consider lighting and cropping
- Submissions should be full images with no background or awkward cropping
- Note, you may assign the formatting of the images to your students
- Please submit one form per artwork
- Artwork Submission Deadline: Sunday, February 28, 2021
- Virtual Exhibition Launch: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
EDGE: Youth Art Show is generously supported by the Kiwanis Club of Kingsway Humber