Community Leader – Outreach for Summer & Fall
In Summer/Fall 2020, Arts Etobicoke will be animating three communities across Etobicoke – Rexdale, Kingsview Village-Westway NIA, and Islington Village (Mabelle/Cordova area). We are seeking Community Leaders from within these communities. These individuals will have good networks in their communities and the ability to talk to/interact with a wide cross-section of Etobicoke residents. We are looking for community members to act as liaisons between our artist facilitators, staff and community members to support community engagement.
Arts Etobicoke is looking to fill 4 positions as Community Leaders to work with us on a part-time basis for 4 months. They will help us facilitate outreach to the diverse community members in Etobicoke. Priority will be given to community members that already belong to cultural/religious/recreational groups in Etobicoke and preference will be for BIPOC and/or multilingual applicants.
The Community Leaders will help us recruit participants for our upcoming arts activations and events; relay important community concerns to AE staff; help facilitate in person events when it is safe to do so; act as an Ambassador for AE at other community events/meetings; and support the creation and implementation of community-led art projects over the summer/fall.
- Working on a team with other Community Leaders, Artist Facilitators, and AE staff
- Help promote Arts Etobicoke to your community and network
- Attend community meetings/events to promote upcoming AE projects
- Attend future AE events and programs to interact with community members
- Facilitate outreach to your community (over the phone, in person, and online)
- Facilitate registration of community members
- Attend team meetings as required (currently, meetings are held online)
- Attend community consultations and workshops as scheduled
- Report back to your supervisor with community concerns, feedback, ideas, excitement
- Support the Arts Etobicoke Communications team to promote and talk about workshops, consultations, and community events
*All in-person activities will follow Public Health safety guidelines and government directives.
Compensation and Commitments
- Up to 12 hours/week at $20/hour for 4 months
Hours will vary depending on Arts Etobicoke event schedules and programs
- Orientation process will start late July
- All schedules will be sent to you in advance to ascertain your availability
- Work will be done remotely (from home), at community events throughout Etobicoke and at Arts Etobicoke’s office located at 4893 Dundas St. W.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com for consideration by Sunday, July 19 at 11:59 pm. Please include “Community Leader” in the subject line of your email. Please outline your connection to the community and why you think you would be a good fit. Successful candidates will be interviewed during the week of July 20. Interviews will be held over Zoom.
Accessibility accommodations can be made for the interview process- please include your request when submitting your application.
** Please note that during work from home you will need access to a computer with camera capabilities and an internet connection. If you do not have access to one, arrangements can be made to use Arts Etobicoke equipment.